2017 is part of the era of digitalisation and it’s becoming more important than ever for businesses to jump on board, or risk being stranded on ‘Offline Island’.Tech giants like Google are paving the way to the digital world, where consumers have the power to seek out the solutions to their problems at the end of their fingertips.
Now is the time for professional services to make the leap into digital marketing - and we’re here to help guide the way.
We share four reasons as to why professional services firms in 2017 and beyond need to adopt digital marketing for their business.
Competition is Rife for Professionals
With so many professional services firms upping sticks from places like London and setting up shop in Manchester, it’s no surprise how much competition there is for winning new business.
Spinningfields in Manchester is a concentrated metropolis of professional services firms, from legal and accountancy to finance, insolvency and recruitment agencies, roughly totalling to around 6,000 businesses. It’s not easy attracting new (and the right) clients for your business, but what does it mean when the traditional ways of marketing are slowly coming to an end because of things like GDPR?
This is where digital marketing comes to the rescue. Digital marketing can help businesses laser-target their focus in the right direction using bespoke marketing strategies that work exclusively for them.
Use it to Get Noticed
With so much competition, there arises another issue. How does your firm stand out from the crowd? Potential clients have the world at their fingertips and they will utilise this to search for solutions to answer their problems.
The question is, when they look - can your business be found amongst the sea of competitors? With digital marketing, your firm will have a better chance at re-defining your current lead generating strategies and turn them on its head.
Our previous blog post details four great techniques in how professional services firms can get noticed online which you can read here.
Become an Industry Leader Online
You could be a well-established firm or agency, or you could be a savvy startup. But are you the thought leaders in your industry? Do peers and leads come to you for your advice on pressing topics?
With a solid digital marketing strategy, this could help build up your brand’s online reputation through a multitude of ways:
- You’ll be able to identify and target your ideal clients using customer profiling and buyer journey mapping.
- You’ll be able to master the ‘micro-moments’ by:
- Utilising your industry knowledge to identify your prospect's’ pain points to come up with the solutions.
- Target prospects with the right and relevant content.
- Optimising everything you do for mobiles to provide a frictionless journey.
- Effectively achieve backlinks to your online content to help drive new traffic to your website and improve your search engine rankings.
- Build up a promotional social media strategy to improve engagement levels with your business.
- Craft useful and meaningful content offers for your target audience to provide the value in why you do what you do.
- Use automation software to help nurture captured leads and help convert them to clients faster.
Digital marketing provides so much more for businesses to increase their success rates than just concentrating on traditional, offline means of marketing.
Find Fresh Opportunities
While just about anybody with knowledge of marketing can help kickstart a great marketing strategy, working with a seasoned digital marketing agency with knowledge of your industry can be even better.
At Digital Media Stream, we know what it takes for professional services firms to get to the top in their line of work - and we know it doesn’t always come easy. But we love a challenge. Not only do our team of experts have a deep understanding of digital marketing, we also use the tried and tested inbound methodology alongside it. Our experts can help professionals fix the holes in the current marketing strategy, boost lead generation efforts and help to grow your business.
With these reasons, you’d be crazy not to start getting your digital marketing on! Here are those four reasons again:
- Due to the vast amount of professional services firms working in the region, competition is, well… competitive! Digital marketing helps you to hone in and focus on the right type of strategy for your business that can lead to increase in leads and improved business growth.
- Digital marketing is a surefire way of helping your business get noticed in the high-seas of industry and get your leads to come to you.
- Going digital means you’ll be able to build up your firm’s online authority and brand position - you’ll be an industry leader in no time.
- With the help of a knowledgeable digital marketing agency, they can help you target new opportunities for your business by knowing all the right places to look.
When your firm fully embraces digital marketing, you’ll start seeing the benefits and reaping the rewards.